Fort Pierce Truck Accident Lawyer
While we rely on tractor trailers, 18 wheelers, and construction or delivery trucks to deliver the products and materials we need, the fact is that these types of commercial vehicles present real hazards to other drivers on the road. When a truck accident does occur, the damages other drivers suffer as a result are often severe. At Eighmie Law Firm, P.A., we have more than 30 years combined experience in representing local residents in these types of accidents. While you focus on your family and your recovery, our Fort Pierce truck accident lawyer works to get you the compensation you need to recover from drivers and the trucking companies they work for.
Legal Representation for Truck Accidents and Injuries
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, roughly 100,000 injury-related truck accidents occur on roads throughout the country each year, while an additional 4,400 prove fatal for drivers and their passengers. With our ready access to major interstates and ports, drivers in the Fort Pierce area are particularly at risk. These accidents can occur due to dangerous driving behaviors or due to the negligent practices of trucking companies.
At Eighmie Law Firm, P.A., we represent those who suffer serious injuries when these accidents occur. As experienced Fort Pierce truck accident lawyers, we can help you get compensation for collisions caused by the following:
- Reckless driving on the part of the truck driver, such as speeding, tailgating, improper passing, driving distracted, or being under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications;
- Improper truck maintenance, such as failing to check tire pressure or engine fluid levels;
- Poor loading practices, resulting in a loss of control over the truck;
- Lack of proper driver safety training on behalf of the trucking company;
- Hiring drivers with a poor driving history;
- Demanding that drivers meet impossible schedules, making speeding and drowsy driving related accidents more likely to occur.
Get the Compensation You Need to Recover
In the St. Lucie County area, the Florida Integrated Report Exchange System (FIRES)reports roughly 700 commercial vehicle accidents occur each year. In collisions involving construction vehicles, delivery trucks, tractor trailers, and other big rigs, it is often motor vehicle drivers and their passengers who suffer the most serious harm.
At Eighmie Law Firm, P.A., you can trust our years of experience and our knowledge of how truck accidents occur to help you get compensation for injuries such as the following:
- Soft tissue injuries and severe bruising or lacerations;
- Back and neck injuries, resulting in damage to discs or vertebrae;
- Head injuries, such as concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in temporary or permanent paralysis.
Reach Out to Us Today for Help
When you or someone you love suffers injuries as the result of a truck accident, the Eighmie Law Firm, P.A. is here to help you get the compensation you need to cover medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses you incur. Contact our Fort Pierce truck accident lawyers today and request a consultation to discuss your case and how we can help you today.