Port St. Lucie Negligent Security Lawyer
Issues of negligent security can arise in public areas like malls and restaurants or in private areas like residential buildings. Whether we’re watching TV on our couch or going out to eat at our favorite restaurant, we expect that we’ll be safe doing whatever we’re doing. After all, building owners are responsible for ensuring the safety of those on their premises. However, building owners do not always exercise the level of care they should, and crimes arising out of negligent security can occur when we least expect it, resulting in victim injuries and, sometimes, even death.
If you have been the victim of a crime caused by negligent security, you need to take immediate action. Please do not hesitate to contact our Port St. Lucie negligent security lawyers today. Our experienced legal team will review your case and create an action plan to help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Where Negligent Security Can Occur
Negligent security can occur in just about any public or private forum. Some common forums you might find yourself visiting are listed below:
- Supermarkets/grocery stores
- Shopping malls
- Bars and clubs
- Movie theatres
- Schools and day care facilities
- Office buildings
- Hospitals and clinics
- Apartment complexes
- Parking garages
- Gas stations
- Sports arenas
Causes of Negligent Security
Negligent security is frequently caused by improper training, faulty equipment, and lack of budget. When security officers are not trained properly according to the procedures for the particular building they are working and the neighborhood they are located in, lapses in judgment or simple errors can lead to serious consequences. Additionally, building owners’ attempts at saving money or not staying on top of their coverage schedule can result in security equipment that doesn’t work. This makes it very easy for criminals in the area to sneak in unnoticed. The important thing to remember is that all of these causes are not only easily preventable, but also the responsibility of the building owner to protect against.
Consequences of Negligent Security
When building owners fail to maintain adequate security measures in their buildings, there can be consequences ranging from petty crime to serious crime. Below are a few of the most common crimes caused by negligent security:
- Assault and rape: Unfortunately assault and rape are a couple of the most common crimes to occur from negligent security. Oftentimes, assault and rape take place inside apartment complexes, but assault can occur anywhere, including restaurants, shopping malls, and gas stations.
- Burglary and robbery: Break-ins happen frequently as a result of negligent security and oftentimes result in the loss of hundreds or thousands of dollars of value.
- Carjacking: Negligent security in parking garages often lead to carjackings, especially when the victim is alone and there is no one else nearby.
- Vandalism: Vandalism not only affects the aesthetics of a building in negative ways, but it can also be costly to clean up and affect the value and environment of the surrounding community.
Were You the Victim Of a Crime Caused By Negligent Security?
We can help. At the Eighmie Law Firm, P.A., our experienced Port St. Lucie negligent security lawyers have helped victims of senseless crimes due to negligent security obtain full compensation for their injuries. Call us at 772-905-8692 to speak with a legal professional today.