Fort Pierce Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle riding is a popular hobby throughout Fort Pierce, with biking enthusiasts coming from all over the country for various events. Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents are a common occurrence throughout the area, and can end up resulting in serious and potentially life threatening injuries for those involved. As trusted Fort Pierce motorcycle accident lawyers, we help people injured in these crashes get the compensation they need for the medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses they suffer.
Helping You Recover From Motorcycle Accident Injuries
While part of the appeal of riding a motorcycle is the feeling of freedom and being one with the road, the fact is that there is little to protect riders and their passengers in the event of accidents involving other motorists. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Florida has the highest motorcycle accident fatality rates in the nation, with roughly 700 bikers killed in these accidents each year.
Even when motorcycle accident injuries do not prove life threatening, they can still require extensive medical treatment and may result in temporary or permanent disabilities. At the Eighmie Law Firm, P.A., our Fort Pierce motorcycle accident lawyers represent victims who have suffered the following:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle or tendon strains, sprains, and tears;
- Severe cuts and lacerations;
- Severe burns due to contact with road surfaces and hot engine parts or fluids;
- Facial injuries, resulting in damage to the eyes,, teeth, or jaw;
- Abdominal injuries, resulting in internal bleeding and damage to body organs;
- Back and neck injuries, including whiplash and damage to the vertebrae, discs, or spinal cord;
- Head injuries, resulting in skull fractures, concussions, and permanent brain injuries.
When you suffer any of the above or other types of serious motorcycle injuries, we can assist you in holding those responsible for your accident accountable.
Protecting Your Rights to Compensation
While road, weather, and traffic conditions may be contributing factors in motorcycle accidents, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety reports that reckless driving behaviors are often the underlying cause. These types of behaviors often include:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Tailgating, improper passing, and other aggressive driving behaviors;
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones or texting;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other intoxicating substances.
When another motorist’s reckless behavior leaves you or someone you love with serious injuries, they can be held accountable either through an insurance claim or by filing a personal injury lawsuit, Damages you may be entitled to include current and future medical expenses, lost wages and future losses in earnings due to ongoing disabilities, and compensation for the pain and suffering caused by the accident, both for you and for immediate family members.
Let Us Help You Today
When motorcycle accidents occur, the Eighmie Law Firm, P.A. is here to provide the caring client service and professional legal representation you need. We have over 30 years combined experience; don’t hesitate to contact our Fort Pierce motorcycle accident lawyers today and request a consultation to find out how you can get the compensation you deserve.