Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Port St. Lucie Personal Injury Lawyer
Call To Schedule A Consultation 772-905-8692

My spouse just asked for a divorce. What do I do first in Florida?


The first thing to do is to consult with a divorce lawyer. A divorce lawyer is going to tell you your rights under Florida law as to any divorce. Divorces can be very complicated. They can involve children, they can involve property, they can involve alimony. Any divorce lawyer is going to be able to tell you what your rights are as far as your particular situation. The first thing I tell anyone who’s been served with divorce papers is go talk to a divorce lawyer and make sure you understand what your rights are. The second thing that has to happen is, within twenty days, an answer to that lawsuit or to that petition has to be filed with the clerk of court.

MileMark Media - Practice Growth Solutions

© 2015 - 2024 Eighmie law Firm, P.A. All rights reserved.
This law firm website and legal marketing are managed by MileMark Media.

Contact Form Tab