Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Port St. Lucie Personal Injury Lawyer
Call To Schedule A Consultation 772-905-8692

What if my spouse cannot be found or evades service of the divorce papers?


This is unusual but it does happen. Occasionally when one of the parties cannot be found in order to serve them with the divorce paperwork, the Florida Statute does allow for this. There is a procedure that has to be followed. I highly recommend going to an attorney and not doing this yourself. It’s a very complicated procedure that really somebody cannot really do themselves. It involves having to publish in the newspaper, a variety of notices, there’s affidavits that have to be filed, there’s a lot of other things that have to be done to satisfy to the court that every effort has been made in order to serve the party who cannot be found. This really needs to be done by a divorce lawyer and not by the client themselves.

MileMark Media - Practice Growth Solutions

© 2015 - 2024 Eighmie law Firm, P.A. All rights reserved.
This law firm website and legal marketing are managed by MileMark Media.

Contact Form Tab